Wednesday 16 December 2015

See How Much A Greeting Can Mean To Someone



I just read this post from a friend on Facebook and decided to share. It shows how much what we see as mere greeting can mean to some persons, especially those who feel 'low' and 'less valued' because of their status, job, education, background, etc.


She wrote:

As I was about to mount the bike... One of my neighbours was coming out of his compound and I greeted him. I noticed that the 'okada' rider answered the greeting with so much enthusiasm....
I continued d flow like I was greeting him earlier.
As we proceeded... He said, "Nawa o... There are several human beings in life o. Shebi u are human and u greeted me so warmly like that... Some ppl will not even act like they see u.. Talkless of answer u even wen u greet them."
I said..... "Hmmmmmn"
I pledge to always greet all 'okada' riders I patronize warmly and smilingly. I would give anything to see that look on dat man's face again!
‪#‎so‬ help me God!


So, be sure to put a smile on the faces of those you come in contact with. A warm greeting can do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment